7.30.2005

Fear & Loathing in Lindenhurst

I accidentally played a game of Omaha Hi/Lo on Stars the other night. I thought it was interesting, and a nice little break from NLTHE. It's basically Hold 'Em with two variations. First, you get 4 hole cards, of which you must use two in your hand. Second, the low hand splits, as long as there are 5 cards below 8 (flushes and straights don't count against low hands).

I thought, hey, why not break it up, and for the first time in the history of the MPT, why don't we make the second tourney an Omaha tourney. So I threw it by MPT elders Musky Boy and Regulator.

You know the saying, "we fear what we don't understand?" Besides winning regulation tournaments on the MPT in 2005, both of the elders don't understand Omaha. Musky Boy thought it would take 45 minutes to explain the rules, and Regulator just says "Omaha Sucks."

So based on their whiny-ass attitudes, we won't be playing Omaha Hi/Lo on 8/13.

7 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 7:46 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Good.

 
At 7/31/2005 7:47 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

It is interesting to note that after accidently playing one game of Omaha online that you hold yourself out as an expert.

 
At 7/31/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Crackhead Musky Boy - reading is a skill. I didn't say I was an expert. Just that it would be nice to break it up.

Then again, YAAA.

 
At 7/31/2005 7:17 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Your implication was clear that you are an Omaha expert. Why so testy?

 
At 7/31/2005 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What about "thought it was interesting" and "why not break it up" implies anything about my thoughts on my own ability at Omaha?

I'm not any more testy than I normally am.

 
At 8/01/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reg - I don't take advice from people who are 0-MPT in regulation events.

Thanks for the thought tho.

 
At 8/01/2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was working up a 'mathematically speaking, your Omaha results couldn't possibly be worse than your NLTHE results' remark for both you two, but couldn't quite live up to my own standards.

So you'll have to suffer with a below standard insult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home