2.28.2005

OT: Random Thoughts

First and foremost, the Acadamy Awards (commonly refered to as cleavage-fest in my household) are fired. "Million Dollar Baby"? Give me a break. One of my largest pet peeves (and beleive me, there are a ton of them) are sports based movies that aren't true to their sport.

Say, having left handed Joe Jackson bat right handed as an example. In MDB, Swank is boxing, and gets hit after the bell (apparently, I just read the spoilers as I never get out of the house these days). Now, in the movie, she apparently loses the match. There's no way she loses the match in real life, and frankly the movie should have been disqualified just based on that. And when did Clint Eastwood become a wraith?

As my wife said during "Counting Crows" performance "Who let Sideshow Bob on stage?"

Was there anything more awkward than the Adam Sandler thing with Chris Rock as Catherine Zeta-Jones?

Chris Rock may have been outlandish by Acadamy Awards standards, but having him host the Acadamy Awards is like having Axl Rose perform at the Tony's, it just doesn't fit.

On to other irrelevant topics. Seeing as I have what is clearly a low maintenance hair cut, I generally have my gorgeous talented wife cut my hair. But she is close to being fired (which would be cause for celebration in her world). I'm not sure how she does it, but every time she cuts my hair, it gets grayer and grayer. I'm not happy with that. I realize that the laws of biology say it can't be her fault. But with the laws of probability being broken by luckpp, my faith in the immutable laws of the world has fallen.

Finally, D-Day is here. My poker chips arrive today. Since I have Regulator's chips held hostage, it looks like we may be using them next month, when the MPT goes on remote, to the Reg's place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home