1.24.2005

Fantasy Football Banquet Tournament

So my FFL league and I got together on Friday for ribs at the great Twin Anchors followed by a short Hold Em tourney afterward. My night didn't go well. I felt that being very aggressive pre-flop was going to be the key for me, so when I hit AKs UTG, I raised to 5x BB all day.

Half that table called me. Flop came rags. Checked around. 4rth was a 4. I think to myself, that couldn't have helped anyone really, could it? Don't these people have to have bigger cards to be playing in this pot? I take a stab with a pot-sized bet. Everyone calls.

Oops. River is a scare card in that it shows a good straight possibility. But my betting pattern didn't fit a small straight draw, so I figured a bluff wasn't going to work (particularly with all these people). So I checked and it got checked around. Winner had 3 4s.

My next best hnad was A6s which led to nothing. I could barely cover the blinds when I called a seemingly weak all in with 23s, and didn't improve for a 5th place finish.

A couple quotes from the evening:

"I get everything about Hold 'Em except for that Blind thing."

"Man, after those 4 straights, my cards just stopped coming."

"What are the odds of a pocket pairs two hands in a row?"
"I think 255-1."
"oh."

The next MPT event is 2/12 location TBA. Depending on # of players, we may just expand the levels and go for 1 tournament for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home