2.22.2005

100% off topic

So my kid's 2nd Birthday party was this weekend. And I have to say, that a couple of the things he got were disconcerting.

First, my in laws got him one of those drivable cars that are so popular in our neighborhood. They couldn't just get him a Jeep, they got him a HUMMER. The thing barely fit through the door, and I'm not even sure that we can fit it through the mud room into the basement. Now don't get me wrong, the kid LOVES the thing. But really, why does it have to so damn big?

Also, he got a seeminhly innocuous book "Thomas the Train: Deisel 10 Means Trouble." Now he's into the Thomas thing mainly through a couple books he already has, so the book looked to be cool. But then upon reading it, I find a megalomaniacal Diesel Engine hell bent on genocide against the Steam Engines, fighting against the Steam Engines' protector who has magical powers that are fueled by 'magic dust.' Maybe it's just me, but isn't genocide and cocaine addiction a little much for a 2 year old's book?

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2005 1:26 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

alas, it gets worse. Wait until you have to sit through a two hour movie about a gay sponge and a alledgedly male star fish who wears fishnet stockings and garters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home