2.27.2005

2/26 Recap

We threw together a last minute game on Saturday. We had 2 7 man tourneys.

Lucky, fortunate, fluky. After that, my thesaurus fails. That's really the best way to describe another night of poker for LuckyPP at the MPT. After getting 5 hands in a row with PP last time, over 1 mill - 1, he consistently got pocket pairs, and made the field pay. Coupled with his aggressive play, this was no contest.

However history will remember 2/26 as the night Magic Man took 4 tournaments in a row. He butchered Musky-fishy-boy as he took 3 single-hand tournaments in a row, and sent him home with empty pockets. Then, he challenged (no longer quite so) Squeaky to a heads up tournament (after Musky Boy left in tears), and dominated the game.

Highlights of the first two games. Jamie cheating Musky Boy of his proper finishing position when he went all in against the big hand with 2nd best hand.

Musky Boy was punished by the poker Gods when he slowplayed AA and got drawn out on the river by a flush draw.

Jamie attempted to push around DM and donated most of his chips to DMs 3 of a kind. But he hung around and ended up 2nd.

The highlight of the night was Squeaky getting LuckyPP to lay down QQ when A-K hit the board. I'm sure we'll hear about that hand for a while.

Finally, we have a man without a nickname, and we are taking suggestions. Jamie hasn't really done anything that would give him a clear cut nickname. The best this writer can come up with, and believe me, it's weak is B-I-L for Brother-in-law. So we're taking suggestions.

5 Comments:

At 2/27/2005 10:30 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

What Khyle failed to add, is that when Squeaky made the bluff of the year, he was holding 67 with no flush or straight possibility on the board.

As For Jamie, I say the "Invisible Man" because you never really know he is there.

 
At 2/27/2005 10:32 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Khyle, while you may have taken my $3 at the end of the evening, the empty pockets is innacurate, I still had some of you money for the first 7 man tourney.

 
At 2/27/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Would emotionally bankrupt be accurate? You were steaming after slowplaying the AA so much, and then losing to me 3 in a row - that must have made you lose some sleep...

 
At 2/27/2005 1:14 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Oh, no. I don't need a reason to lose sleep. I can do that regardless

 
At 3/04/2005 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have loved to been their to see the action.... I thought magic and musky had some bet that if the other lost, the other had to wear a skirt or somthing down the street.............. Oh and to musky I was not trying to show any 1 ups-manship with the anouncement of the 4th championship and the $1000.00 mark. I was just stating that I was feeling good about my play. Since I have never played Texas hold'em poker until the M.P.T. took me in. Maybe if you finished 1st or 2nd in a three (3) table game you would feel the same. And as far as remebering playing each other.......... I remember my set of 2's taking you out ( just out of the money) in are 1st encounter,as I claimed a $440 pay day. Oh...and it was my A,K, taking you out during our rematch. (you went all in with a short stack). As I collected $220 pay day for a 2nd place finish ( It would have been a repeat 1st place finish but my A,A, did not hold up in the final hand)
As far as the last time we faced off,I took an extra $1000.00 off you when you thought your K, high flush was better then my nut A, flush. I would not mention any of this but to hear that Khyle has made you his bitch I might have to retire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home