2.14.2005

2/12 Event

Overall, a boring event, seeing as I couldn't make it due to being Ill. So in short, a couple people won, Squeaky basically sucked all night. Musky Boy reverted to his mantra "if it wasn't for luck."

The blonde kid got a nickname. After hitting AA twice in 5 hands in January, he hit a run of 5 pp in a row on Saturday to earn his "LuckyPP" nickname from Reg. Lucky for Blondie that he didn't have all small pair, or he would have been "TeenyPP."

All that doesn't matter. Due to consistent complaints about Regulator's chip set, Magic Man is getting a new set of 1,000 chips. For Rizzo's benefit, they will have deonomination on one side and "MPT" on the other. OK, the MPT thing is ghey, but you saved $75 for spending the extra $40 on the MPT, so it SAVED money.

It was only after much prodding ot the CEO of the family, and much complaining from the MPT regulars that Magic took this action. "The Chips are so cheesy, they had to have been made in Wisconsin" noted one MPT regular.

Hopefully, the Chips will arrive in time for the March extravaganza.

5 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doc would just like to thank all the players who have participated in the Mockingbird Poker Tour over the past 2 years. Doc picked up his 6th Championship (2 of those were chops) during the 2/12 event, pushing his life time earnings just over the $1000.00 mark.

 
At 2/22/2005 11:13 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Doc just to set you straight, a chop does not equal a championship so you are only at 4 Championships which I do believe makes you tied with Me and Squeaky (I think Halfman has three wins). Khyle I think has 0 championships, maybe one when all the players were to drunk to move (and I feel dirty because I showed up for the second game (sober) and won that one) and the Regulator has zero as well (he did chop once with Doc, but since we don't count it for Reg we don't count it for Doc).

But let's all keep in mind two (now 3)additional things:

1) Musky Boy is the reigning MPT Champion.
2) Musky Boy holds the record for most consecutive poker nights in a row finishing in the money (along with 4 championships as previously noted)at I believe 8.
3) In the only heads up finish between Musky Boy and you (Doc) I kicked your ass.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am, and will continue to be the Reigning MPT Champion until somebody knocks me off the MPT mountain next December(highly unlikely).

 
At 2/22/2005 11:29 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

I am the champion - my friends
And I'll keep on fighting - till the end -
I am the champion -
I am the champion
No time for losers
'Cause I am the champion - of the MPT world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

 
At 2/22/2005 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Musky Boy,

Based on your last posting, should we start calling you Queen Musky?

 
At 2/22/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Hey it's been no bed or roses
No Pleasure cruise
but
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

I am the champion - my friends
And I'll keep on fighting - till the end -
I am the champion -
I am the champion
No time for losers
'Cause I am the champion- of the MPT world -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home