5.17.2005

Just A Thought

I was thinking of ways we could change the pace a little bit. This may be a stupid idea, but I wanted to throw it out there anyway.

What if one night, maybe not for the regular monthly game - we do a heads up Tournament? I figure if we get the blinds set up so that the matches should last 30-45 minutes, we should be able to run an 8 or 16 man tournament in 4-5 hours. We could have a losers bracket (should we call it the Squeaky bracket?). Set up a cash game on the side once the initial losers are out, etc. etc.

However, NBC did this and Hellmuth won, so it can't really be indicative of real poker skill can it?

Anyhoo - let me know if you guys are interested, and if we have 8 or more, I'll work on setting it up for June-ish.

Oh, and for Musky Boy's excellent recap of Saturday Night's action - click here.

3 Comments:

At 5/18/2005 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me know who won. Let me guess, you probably told everyone that the titanic sunk at end of movie even if someone did not see it. Or, that USA wins the game against Russia in Miracle (remake of Miracle on ice) just to ruin the excitement. But, I am in depending on day chosen.
PP

 
At 5/18/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Not interested.

 
At 5/19/2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Buuuuuuttttttttt, if you get 7 and need an 8th or if you have 9 and need a 10th or if you have 11 and need a 12th....... you get my point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home