4.26.2005

Sometimes the truth hurts

I had a little moment that reminded me how little I can get away with in my house the other day, and I thought it applied here. My gorgeous wife and I were discussing our kids and how much stuff they have, but that they're not spoiled. I off-handedly said "I wasn't spoiled as a kid." My wife just looked at me and said "You had a PONY."

There are times when the truth is undeniable. You can't rationalize it, you can't avoid it...you just have to accept it. It seems that maybe certain people on the MPT tour need to accept this too. No one on this tour is really that good. Sometimes people take chances, and people with the best hand get taken out. OK, that happens to everyone. But really, it's not like anyone on this tour is soo good that they should be winning consistently. Well, maybe except for Lucky PP who doesn't count becuase he needs to show he can consistently win without so many good cards.

So in that vein, here's a list of truths for some of our players:

You don't go to Magic Man on advice for leaving his car in park in front of your neighbor's garage.

You don't go to Doc for advice on seal-coating your driveway.

You don't go to Musky Boy on advice for keeping your company thriviing.

You don't go to Reg for advice on how to be chill while people make minor rules violations.

You don't go to Squeaky for advice on quick decision making or on how to get up early and get to work.

So, hey, everyone has faults right? Apparently, Regulators is that the stakes aren't high enough. And given his last place status at Party Poker, and his Fillmaff-ian exit at the last tourney, I have a couple suggestions for how to get his mojo back. Check that, to get it back, he would have had to already had it at one point, so we'll say how to get his mojo.

Recommendation #1: Steel Cage Match with Musky Boy. Reg challenged Musky Boy to a heads up match after it was revealed that statistically he was the worst player in the history of Party Poker. I am willing to host and deal for this event. I suggest that the proceeds be donated to charity, say the fund for "Send Magic Man to Vegas" or something. The loser should be forced to wear something embarrasing at the next monthly game. You guys let me know, and I'll coordinate.

Recommendation #2: It seems as if Reg can't pay close enough attention becuase the stakes aren't high enough. I am willing to solve this for him. I think Reg should post $1,000 to our $20. That way, the stakes are higher, and certainly his winning % will shoot through the roof. I'm all about being a pal.

I hope to have POY standing updated soon, but I am strangely unmotivated....

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

I'm in, come on regulator lets get it on!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home