5.13.2005

Shift in Focus

The Chords of Paranoid rang out in Muskyboy's basement yesterday signalling a fundamental shift in his Poker Career. As a result, Muskyboy has closed his online Party Poker account in order to fund his "mid-life" guitar crisis. After purchasing a Jackson JS30 Randy Rhoads model guitar (from his Poker winnings) and relearning some classic Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Quiet Riot and Sammy Hagar Tunes (can anything by QR or Hagar be considered classic? well maybe not), Muskyboy has determined his evening time would be better spent jamming than playing online poker.

"Yawn, online poker has lost some of it's appeal. I think it was a result of my wife bitching at me everytime I played. Now, though, she gets to hear Screaming guitars at night and I know she has the urge to throw her panties at me when I'm rock'n".

Although he has left his Poker Stars account open for some occasional tournament action, his online time will be substantially diminished due to his new hobby.

"It was somewhat painful closing the Party Poker account considering my return on investment exceeded 2600%, but by minimizing my on line poker time it will allow me to focus on MPT tournament action. In addition with this free time from eliminating some of the on-line poker plus the time freed up from my resignation from Muskies Inc. I might resurrect my old band, Captain Howdy, and re-record (digitally this time) our first album, if I can remember the songs (doubtful)".

"I look back at my beginnings with on-line poker and the original goal was to play low dollar no limit ring games and single table tourneys to be able to cover the cost of a weekly multi-table tourney. I never really believed that it would grow into what it did. My life to date return on investment on all of my on line accounts exceeded 3100%, but it started to take up too much time. I think it's time to take a step back and play for the enjoyment of the game and not as a source of income".

Looks like it's time for the Muskyboy to learn Ace of Spades at high volume on the Jackson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home