1.06.2006

Quick Aside

Musky and Regulator continue to fear Omaha, and I have made that a stipulation of me hosting another event. So we're still looking for a venue for the 14th. Although word is we may delay until the 21st - and we may have a host for that already.

--------------------------------------------------

On a completely different topic, Felicia posted some guidelines on what makes a good poker blog.

1) Don't post bad beat stories
2) Don't post hand histories
3) Don't whine about losses
4) Don't post pics of kids or pets
5) Give your opinion
6) Are you a poker journal, or not?
7) Try to act serious about your play
8) If you are going to enable comments, actually REPLY when someone leaves one


1) Guilty
2) Sorta Guilty
3) Musky and Reg horribly guilty
4) Check
5) Check
6) No
7) No
8) No

In sum, this blog sucks, and I'm damn proud of it. MPT's goal is to be the 186th best poker blog, and I think we're closing in on it. Yay for MPT.

6 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 6:31 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

I like to think of it as educating the uninformed.

 
At 1/08/2006 8:44 PM, Blogger Allan Evans said...

Fear Omaha? Guess I shouldn't try to start a A-5 Lowball Triple Draw side game then... :)

 
At 1/09/2006 6:58 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Which is more likely....that the group knows how to play Triple Draw or Flipper can make it through and evening dealing all cards face down. I have a pretty good idea on that one.

 
At 1/13/2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Allan Evans said...

Point taken. In my defense, I haven't flipped a card in a long time...great, now I just cursed myself!

 
At 1/14/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Flipper, I guess you don't recall flipping KQs when you folded under the gun. I'd want to forget that too.

 
At 1/19/2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Allan Evans said...

Point taken, Khyle, although I considered my KQs debacle more of a flop than a flip...its all in how those cards are exposed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home