11.27.2006

Things that annoy me; minor swag alert

I have two things that are actively annoying me tonight. First, poker in movies or scripted 'drama' on TV. I went to see the latest Bond movie. The 'plot' if you want to call it that centered around a winner take all $150 million Hold 'Em tournament. Because you know, if you're an evil super-villain, you want to put your genius to use in a poker game.

The poker is stupid. I can't suspend my disbelief. "He would never call in that situation. He's a mathematical genius, and he's doing this?" So I guess what I'm saying is that I can believe that Bond can chase a bad guy with a bomb across miles and miles, jump from crane to crane, dodge bullets better than and Arnold character in any of his 80's action movies, and still have his wits about him enough to ... etc, etc. But fuck with poker and I'm out.

#2 on my list is Daniel Negreanu. Besides being way too happy (unless he's whining about something), he loves birds apparently. A recent blog post was titled "Happy Tortured and murdered bird day." He had a great dinner of 'tofurkey.' He's not sure why we should be celebrating anyway.

I hate PETA people. With a passion. I can be civil around my wife's aunt, who is a PETA freak. But I have to. There is no choice. We only see each other on holidays and I don't want to hear for a month how I ruined Christmas. I should probably stop here before I get on too much of a rant.

-----------------------------------------

So anyway, in addition to the all important bracelet, I am throwing in a "Stacked" hat. I did a small review of the software earlier this year. Yay for the winner.

3 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

That ain't minor mister....that's huge news.

 
At 12/06/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

i hate peta people more than anything in the world. with the white hot power of 1000 suns, i'm telling ya.

 
At 4/11/2008 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Negreanu. He's fun to watch and reads players very, very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home