12.15.2004

You should all shudder in fear

As mentioned earlier, I bought a new book by Dave's favorite author (that would be Sklansky). And based on reading that book, and software by DD - a name that I found misleading by the way - I'm confident that I'm taking down the MPT game on Friday.

THE Championship. Of course, we have several newbies coming, and doubtless one of them will call my trip KKK down to the river only to hit a double runner flush and take me out. But I can live with that.

Because the picture uploading software doesn't work for me yet, here's a link to a picture of the final table of the "Charity" tournament in Gurnee that Hebeda finished 9th in.

pic

Dave is the one in the back on the left, doubtless getting ready to fold.

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2004 6:35 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Let me set the situation, I am one of the two short stacks when we hit the final table. We re-draw positions and I'm put on the big blind for the opening hand. I have enough to cover the blinds and the enough to cover about 75% of the next blind if I make it that far. I am thinking any paint and I'm all in pre-flop. Cards are dealt, 10 players at the table, fold,fold,fold,fold, all in, call, fold, fold sb folds and I look down at a monster hand 2 7. Shit, I fold. All ins have A J and 9 9 . OK in the SB, again two all ins before it gets around to me and I look down and am amazed to see a much better hand. 3 8 - shit I fold. All ins have A high different kickers no 3's or 8's hit but an A does. Now I have about 75% of the BB and don't see a face card or suited cards or PP's and fold around until I am UTG. I have K 10 I go all in, get called by the big stack who has AK and I'm gone baby!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home